Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Welcome to December! Pass the Flame!

I love December because I love what I do! One of the months that my For Every Body candles capture well is December. Aside from the scents that make a house smell like Christmas in every room -- pine, pumpkin spice, apple cider, sugar cookies, pecan pie, and the list goes on -- candles have a significance that goes especially well with the designated month of charitable giving that is December.

A quote by James Keller, author of You Can Change the World, "A Candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" emulates the idea of giving, serving, helping others doesn't distinguish light but shares it. I have this friend who has been buying For Every Body candles for her neighbors and her own home for Christmas every year. It is her tradition. She says she has 20 foot ceilings and burns a candle on each end of the house to fill it with the scents of Christmas. On one day she puts on pumpkin cheesecake and on another pine, yet every day her family is welcomed home to the scent of Christmas.

Her family also gets all their shopping done in December so they are free to serve others during December. Aside from dropping off presents of our yummy candles she also finds time to visit and ask what she and her family can do to help. She says her family has learned to pass the flame of love for the holidays. I like the idea that my For Every Body family has a part in lighting the flame of love for others. Thank you to you our For Every Body family for passing the flame, for lighting other candles and for including us. I would love to each of your stories about what you do for the holidays that fill them with love. Please post here on this blog or email me! Happy December, Becky

No comments: